Friday, January 6, 2017

First Goal


I'm not going to put weight restrictions on myself just yet or worry about counting my calories. I want to start changing our eating habits and find ways to encourage a healthier lifestyle. The first goal I am going to set for myself and my family is cutting out processed foods. 

I do pride myself in preparing most of our meals from scratch but going to the grocery store and choosing items to buy is difficult. There are a lot of choices and labels, it is time consuming and frustrating. If I don't personally buy the products then anything goes! 

Have you looked at the ingredients in the simplest of your grocery items? Next time you are shopping just look at the labels on bread. Grab a popular brand of regular white or wheat bread and read the endless ingredients IN BREAD! Then look for a minute and grab a healthy or organic loaf with maybe three natural ingredients. WHY are you eating all of this? 

Trying to go to a local grocery store and find non processed foods, organic or gluten-free has gotten easier but its still a challenge. There is no doubt it takes more time than throwing generic on sale items into the cart. 

I don't want to waste my time, walking endlessly up and down the local grocery store. I want to have my lists ready, my meal plans prepared and the ease of having the best choices at my fingertips at wholesale prices. 

I really enjoy receiving the bulk of my groceries to my door. They are the brands I trust, they are well packaged and no plastic bags! I still have to run out for some things but Thrive Market is my first choice to help me and my family achieve our first goal in 2017.

~ Eat4Life

Tomorrow I'll be starting lists and meal planning!


No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my site! Please a comment and your email.